Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Sportsman's Bag Journal- Trip #2 Days 3-12

Ah, the first week-long trip with the new Sportsman's Bag. This trip wasn't the best way to break the bag in since it was an Alaska cruise. Hence the bag didn't get much daily use -- it lived in the closet for the most part. Surely not as rustic as being thrown into a float-plan or F150, but it got used none-the-less.

For the trip the Sportsman's Bag was my primary luggage. My other piece being a Timbuk2 Blackbird backpack for my two tablets, camera gear, whiskey and wine, and second pair of shoes. All my clothes fit in the Filson bag.

Vancouver BC view night before sailing.
Arrival to the cabin.

Everything out of the bag.
Overall I stuffed a bunch of stuff in there: 1 pair jeans, 1 pair pants, 4 shorts, 2 t-shirts, shirt and tie, thermal top and bottoms, 3 boxers, 5 socks, 5 polo shirts,1  belt, 2 pill bottles, 1 flashlight, 1 travel first aid kit, 1 Nikon charger, 1 rain jacket, 1 wool hat, and 1 dopp kit. When packing a bag like this I didn't bother with packing cubes -- they just take up extra room. Instead I roll everything. I also used the Sportsman's inside divider to create two sections for organization.

Ready to leave the ship. Filson stuffed with a few souvenirs.

Bag worked great for the trip. Used the external stash pockets to stuff dirty socks in there. End of the cruise I didn't bother rolling and just crammed. That with extra tourist t-shirt from Skagway and the bag was approaching overstuffed. But I am sure I could have fit a little more in there if needed.





No comments:

Post a Comment