Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Sportsman's Bag Journal- Trip #3 Days 13-15 - Camping!

The inaugural trip for the bag into the woods. As expected, this bag naturally looks great in the wilderness. After all, its kin was spawned from the wilderness and the Alaska Gold Rush.

The Sportsman's Bag easily packs a few pairs of needed clothing items for a weekend camping trip. I again use the internal divider to separate pants, shorts, tops from socks and underwear. The two accessory pockets are perfect for organizing your other small items: flashlight, headlamp, clip knife, multi-tool, phone charger, earphones, etc. The outer tuck pockets works great for stashing worn socks and boxers. To me, this is a great built-in dirty laundry pocket for the small clothing items.

Looking at home on Park Service picnic table.


Filson sitting like an obedient friend at foot of sleeping bag.

When I decided to purchase the Sportsman's Bag I envisioned lots of camping use. With the first trip complete, I really like how it organizes everything perfectly. Since most of my camping is 3 days or less the bag can handle anything. Really a fantastic system for how I camp. I find it very helpful to be able to grab an item (knife or flashlight) easily from the side pockets.

Next trip up for the bag will be cross country flight. Looking forward to see how it handles the airport and plane travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment