Friday, May 30, 2014

The Sportsman's Bag Journal- Trip #1 Days 1-2

I just bought a Sportsman's Bag the other week. 4 bills of Made in Seattle USA goodness. MSRP is $325 so if you use it everyday for a year it is less than $1 a day. You have no reason not to get one. Which I just did.

I already have a nice closet full of 6 other Filson bags. But immediately I can see this bag is a champ. There's lots of reason I leave my other Filson bags home on trips and travel, ie bag organization, heavy, not-slim, etc.. But where there are shortcomings for some of these other bags, Rucksack and Medium Field bag come to mind, the Sportsman shines. I expect it to be my regular goto bag.

People love Filson bags. People love to use Filson bags. People love to read about Filson bags. So I want record every trip and nights use of this gem of a bag.

Without further ado...

Easy overnighter to my sister's weekend house. Packing was easy. Clearly the bag doesn't look broken in. Got a long way, many miles, many nights to reach that acclaim.



Looks too new. Wanted: use and abuse. Lots of use.

Back: Wool hat, USB multi-charger, 10" tablet, paper planner.

Main: clothes, moccasins, book and WSJ. Keeping original tags on.

Front: CRKT knife, LED flashlight, Flux card game, flask of rum.


Yes, the bag worked great for this trip. Why wouldn't it? A paper grocery sack would work for a single overnighter. Next week I'm taking this bag on a one week Alaska cruise. Then we start to get some travel mileage under its belt...

Want this bag? Amazon sells it: Click here to support the filsongear blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment